Thursday, March 7, 2013

Vendredi, 1 Mars 2013: Foire au Manèges


I headed home soon after my alarm went off. I entered the house as Gregoire was getting up. I got him ready for the day, dropped him off at the crêche, and went home to sleep. I slept from 9h00 until about 15h00. I missed lunch and everything--which is not normal for me. I basically live to eat, haha.  My mom always came to my room with food when she wanted me to wake up--it always worked. It was a good thing that maman had taken the week off from work because I really had nothing to do for the day.



When I got up, I was told that I had 30 minutes to get ready. Maman, the triplets, Antoine, Nicolas, and I were heading to the carnival. Here, it's called Le Foire au Manèges. For a small fair, the rides were pretty decent. The games were lame and seriously fixed so it was pointless to play them. I really hated the glass house. I was the only one that couldn't find the exit...And people tell me I'm intelligent. Pfft! What load of shit!!! The attraction manager had to get on the intercom to tell me which direction to go...How embarassing!!! 


I got on this really stupid ride next because Léa begged me to go with her. It was called the "Soccer Bowl" yet it had american football players and cheerleaders plaqued on it. Maybe that's the french making fun of us for calling soccer, football. Anyway, the ride. There's a row of seats and you basically get thrown around an elliptical track at various speeds in different directions. The loudest screamer during each interval was awarded a free ride. Though it was me, I flagged the ride conductor down, told him not to pick me, and pointed to Léa. He decided to listen and gave the free ride to Léa. However, when he asked if we wanted to ride longer and I said 'no', he decided NOT to listen and we went on for what seemed like an eternity. It was awful!!! It's like when you're driving fast over a hill into a dip--that sinking feeling in your stomach. Imagine getting that continuously over a 5 minute period! I was done with rides after that. The kids got on one more ride before maman said 'enough.' 

No comments:

Post a Comment