Thursday, March 7, 2013

Samedi, 2 Mars 2013: A Walk To Remember


My entire host family packed up Saturday morning to go to Lyon. It was Didier's father's birthday and also Grandmother's day on Sunday. I find it very strange that Hallmark holidays have made it over here. I was supposed to go to Andréa's Saturday but maman had forgotten she had my keys and wallet in her purse so Andréa came to pick me up instead. I had forgotten all about the issues we had had previously, mainly because he really just gave me TOO much space. I'm the "out of sight, out of mind" type so I forget easily, this includes people. Being busy helps too. I had completely let everything go but by the look on Andréa's face, he had not. He wasn't pouting, he was genuinely hurt. I feel so bad that I had caused him so much pain but there was nothing I could do to take it back. All I did was take him into my arms and tried to kiss it out of him. He just cried and basically said that I destroyed him. He thought for sure that he had lost me. When he told me that, I died with guilt...

He seemed to regain his normal demeanor after awhile. I tried to pretend like nothing happened and just loved on him every chance I got. We went to the park in Le Thonolet to spend some time bonding over nature. He didn't find what he was looking for though so we left. We stopped at a small tabac for lunch and then went to the Plateau de Bibémus where Paul Cézanne did a lot of his paintings. This was where my host family lived when I first moved in with them. I was there for just a few weeks before we moved to Meyreuil so I didn't really get to explore much of the area. There are a lot of natural attractions at Bibémus like odd rock walls so I can see now why there was always so much traffic on our street. The attactions were closed though so Andréa and I took a short walk before we turned around and went back to the car. I talked him into driving to the dam next because I knew that he would for sure find something to photograph here. He had been lugging his huge camera around with him so I wanted to take him somewhere worthwhile. We started his photography project today. Andréa wants to improve his skills before he goes to the states with me so he can keep his business going there. My job is to pic the themes or create the projects. His job is to take the picture until he succeeds. Today, we worked on low aperture. I really love those pictures where one thing is in focus while everything else is blurry. I told him to do it with a branch, and well, I'd say he did pretty well. It looks a million times better than mine!


It was here that we were really able to forget everything that had happened the past few days and go back to loving each other again. I told him that if I'm ever pissed at him that he should take me hiking or something. There's just something about rawness of nature that just makes everything else seem so unimportant.

My boyfriend is a brilliant photographer...He's my #1

We headed to Marseille after a long visit at the Barrage de Bimont. It was a good thing we spent the entire day letting go and re-bonding because we were able to be normal again. We basically did nothing until we went to Glam Rock. There was a huge reunion going on there with Andréa and all of his good friends he hadn't seen in a long time. I enjoyed meeting everyone as usual. I'm always happy to meet more people that mean something to him. I hope he's looking forward to meeting all of my friends back in the states as well. Those people mean so much to me, as well as all of the great friends I've made here.


No comments:

Post a Comment