Friday, March 8, 2013

Lundi, 4 Mars 2013: Temptations

There hasn't been much work to do in the house lately so I've kind of been a sitting duck. Since we're only doing laundry at nights and the house is generally kept clean because the kids are being more responsible, I've actually had to find things to do. Since maman wants all of the windows in the house to eventually be white, I decided to tape up the one in Baptiste's room and prepare it for painting. The kid had actually already done that but he did a shoddy job. I couldn't tell until I took a good look. It took me about an hour to fix his taping job. I threw a quick coat of primer on the window and headed out to Marseille to see Andréa. 

I've been feeling as if my visits to Marseille have been getting redundant. I basically drive there three or four days a week to spend time with him. Once I get there all we ever do anymore is eat a little lunch, cuddle, watch TV, cuddle, and take a nap. I don't mean to sound so needy but I really want more variation in my life. Sure, it's nice to just be with each other most of the time but if you're going on weeks of doing the same crap, it just gets old. In lieu of getting bored with my boyfriend, I decided I'd take control of the situation. I asked Andréa if we could go out. He didn't hesitate to say yes but he sounded like he was coming up with reasons not to. For example, 'Oh, you want to go to the pet store? Well, it's really small and I'm not sure if there any very many animals.' I just said "I don't care" and we were on our way some time later. 

The pet store was much larger than Andréa had made it sound. I heard puppies yelping and found myself in front of them a second later. They were so freakin' cute! Andréa and I were drawn to this little Beagle with it's big, weepy eyes. Ahhh!!! It kept on trying to play with us through the glass. I wish I could've taken it home, but you know that normally ends in regret, ha haha. Andréa was joking around and asked if I wanted to take the Beagle home...We left before I had time to justify reasons why I need a puppy ;-)


How could you say no to this face??? 
www.brialeybeagles.com.au/

Andréa was a bit more peppy once we were out and about so he decided to take me to Toys R Us--the best place where I worked in high school. TRU is much different here--and quite lame...We went to a clothing store next where I searched high and low for some new boots. I've pretty much worn my favorite pair out. That's how I am though. I find a favorite pair or shoes or jeans and wear them until they're pretty much dead. There's no hope for finding another pair of these boots though. I feel as if they were made for me, ha haha. I found a pair similar to mine in the shop but of course they only had one size and it was 2 sizes too big so I left a bit disappointed. Attempting to cheer me up by proving how much he knows me, Andréa took me to a home décor shop called Maisons du Monde. It was like a candy shop for me! I spend hours in Michaels, Hobby Lobby, and Pier 1 in the states...If you have ever been to any of my houses you'd know I'm a home improvement/decorating whore, ha haha. I didn't buy any decorations since I don't have a permanent home here yet, but I DID fall in love with something that I couldn't leave the store without. A coffee mug!!! I had previously broken my last two favorites so it was fate that I came across this one. It literally sang to me as I saw it! It looks like it was made for me ;-)
http://www.maisonsdumonde.com

No comments:

Post a Comment