Saturday, March 2, 2013

Mardi, 26 Février 2013: PART I: Cupcake Date

Our house was packed with kids and italian masons Tuesday but my host parents were also home so I was able to leave for a few hours. I went downtown to meet some of my girls for a bit of light shopping. There was Evelyn and Liezl who are my fellow au pairs and of course my girl Kami that I know from school. We started out at Sephora where I was completely sucked in. They get you with those testers...I felt bad making the girls wait for me but it's Sephora...you can always find something to keep yourself occupied. I spent less than 50 euro and we left to go check out some thrift stores. I had searched for thrift stores on an Aix forum and found five, excluding the one that Krystle told me about. I don't think the people here really know the meaning of a thrift store because none of the stuff was used, or cheap. 

The four of us got tired of window shopping not after too long. When I asked everyone what they wanted to do the general consensus was "I'm hungry." We had already planned on visiting the cupcake shop up the street so that's where we headed. Le Cupcake is a quaint little shop with bar seating for four inside and two cute little tables outside. These were the most delicious cupcakes I had ever tasted! I was a bit weary of going at first because I don't really have a sugary palate but these were not at all over-sweetened. I will definitely return!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment