Friday, December 21, 2012

Jeudi, 13 Decembre 2012: Kid Puke is Worse Than A Drunk Person's

I had been growing suspicious as Gregoire began sniffling more and more. It was confirmed that night that he was sick when he puked all over his mom and I. He was sitting in his mom's lap while she was eating. He had been crying over nothing so she held him in order to get him to stop. I know that when Gregoire throws a fit over nothing that he's sick. Do you recall the week when I got no sleep because he kept screaming in the middle of the night? :-/

I watched the entire thing happen like it was in slow motion. Céline was getting ready to take another bite of her fish when Gregoire started gagging. It came out slow at first but then he started crying so it turned into projectile vomit. Céline ran with him to the bathroom. He refused to puke in the toilet so we let him puke on the floor. I knew that I was gonna clean it up but it didn't matter to me either way because I already had vomit on me.

I cleaned up the mess with some paper towels and mopped but Gregoire had a second wind of sickness. This time there was much more. It reminded me of a scene out of The Exorcist. Poor kid. You could tell he was so embarrassed. 

The second time around, I grabbed the flour and sprinkled it over the vomit. A trick I learned back in elementary school when another kid threw up at the local grocery store. It definitely makes it much easier to clean up. Instead of sopping up a wet, smelly mess you're picking up solids. The process is much less torture if it's quicker to clean up. But like the title says, kid puke smells worse than a drunk person's because there's no alcohol to mask the smell.

Greg is sleeping with his mom tonight. Hopefully being with her through the night will give him some comfort and help him get better.

1 comment:

  1. I totally did not know the whole salt trick... Hmm, will have to keep that in mind! :)

    ReplyDelete