Sunday, June 9, 2013

Vendredi, 31 Mai 2013: Cool Uncle George

I returned early this morning to take Gregoire to the creche. I had recently uncovered a box of cute sweaters and collared shirts for the kid so I decided to dress him up a bit today. Gregoire is so stinkin' cute! He's a good looking kid, that's for sure. But when he's dressed like a little gentleman, well, whew! The ladies melt ;-) I even gave his unruly hair a bit of hairspray and combing this morning. Check out my little man!


      

When I returned to the house bonne maman was ready to go grocery shopping. She was going to send me on my own but I asked her to come along since list was so general. I didn't know how much to buy quantity-wise. We got everything that was required to make the veal for tonight's special dinner. Céline's uncle George was coming to visit for Axel's communion. Bonne maman threw all of the ingredients into a dutch oven and the veal cooked for the rest of the day.

Once bonne maman got settled I left to go to Krystle's. The two of us had lunch together and hung out for a bit before I had to leave to meet Andréa at the house. He's made it a habit to come over right after work on Fridays. I like it because we spend more time together. I feel bad because he's normally tired though. I feel even worse because I asked him to help me move some marble tables today :-/ I left Andréa napping while I went to go find Uncle George who was lost. Uncle George does things the old-fashioned way--with a map and no cell phone. With his inherent sense of direction, he did well. I found him just at the bottom of the neighborhood. I led him back to the house before I picked the kids up.

Andréa was awake when the four kids and I arrived back at the house. Apparently, bonne maman woke him up when she was showing Uncle George the house. She didn't realize he was still there even though I told her that he was upstairs sleeping. Andréa had been waiting outside for me for about an hour because he thought that we had to take Baptiste to soccer practice. He had messaged me earlier to see where I was, and I told him I'd be right there. Oops! Baptiste didn't have soccer practice today so I forgot to give him that little side-note.

We hung out with Uncle George for a bit before heading to Marseille tonight. Uncle George is a cool dude. He's 85 years old but he's still rockin' it! He takes road trips, does hard labor, and makes his own occasional adventure. Even though he comes from a long line of nobility, Uncle George is super chill. He doesn't care about formalities and gets down with whatever we're doing! I hope I'm half as cool when I'm his age...

Something interesting happened when Andréa and I arrived in Marseille tonight. While I was in his room, he came to me with his hand held out. I immediately grabbed the bon bons in his hand and completely missed what was hanging on his finger. He was presenting me with keys to his apartment and I was absolutely oblivious. As I was digging into my snack, Andréa pulled the keys off his finger and held them in front of my face to make things a bit clearer. I don't know why I was confused, but I just stared at them blankly. He then said 'these are yours' and all I replied with was "...thanks." His old roommate had finally returned the keys which have now passed onto me. I highly doubt I'll ever use them but it was thoughtful nonetheless. CUTE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment