Sunday, June 9, 2013

Mardi, 28 Mai 2013: PART II: Bonding Activities

I headed to Marseille after my short trip at the "spa" because there were a few things Andréa and I needed to do together. Not only that but I also love spending time with him no matter what we're doing. Though we had some errands to run, Andréa stopped at the pet store so we could look at some cute puppies. I hate enabling pet shops to perpetuate the puppy mill horror, but they're so darn adorable! At least I'm not buying any...My first option will always be adoption. 



We stopped by Cultura next for a small lunch and craft supplies. If you don't know, Cultura is kind of like a Hobby Lobby mixed with a Best Buy so there's music, books, electronics, as well as arts and crafts. I absolutely love this place! Any home improvement, decor, or craft shop is my haven. Andréa brought me to Cultura to buy me bracelet provisions. I've been on this DIY bracelet kick lately and everyone's been asking me if I can make them one. I sold them back in the states via Etsy but since it's my host family and Andréa's family requesting them, I've been making them for free while Andréa buys the supplies. A lot of the kids and moms at the triplets' schools have been asking for them too. Instead of charging them though, I've just been saying no. My hands get pretty sore after a few hours. 


 

After refilling my DIY jewelry stock, Andréa and I went to a supermarket to get groceries for the weekend. I like going to the store with Andréa. It's kind of a bonding activity, but for me, it's also a reminder of how well he takes care of me. He told me he wanted me to be there so that I could pick out food that I like to eat. So cute! I know that I probably don't deserve it sometimes, especially when I give him the silent treatment, but it's good to know that Andréa's love for me is unconditional. We've definitely had our problems, but we're willing to work on it together and learn from one another. I hate to say this but I honestly believe most of our disputes stem from our different cultures. Not only that, but we were raised in completely different manners on different hemispheres. I can't say that I've never been in love before, but this is the first time I've been willing to put in the effort. I think I'm finally learning that love really takes work. Our bad days are miserable, but our happy days which greatly outweigh the bad are spent in ecstasy. Andréa and I are continuously acquiring knowledge from one another, about each other, and we continue to grow together each day. 

I drove myself back to Aix after spending the afternoon with Andréa and picked Gregoire up from the creche. Céline and Didier had planned a dinner with friends so it was just Greg and I alone for the night. The triplets are at their dad's on Tuesdays. Though he said he didn't want any, Greg completely devoured the fish sticks and risotto I made him. Greg was especially cute tonight. He knows I don't particularly like hugs and kisses but he talked me into a little snuggle tonight.



I put the little one to bed around 20h30, cuddled with him until he fell asleep, and got online to Skype with Andréa. I know I spent a lot of time with him today but I still miss him all the time. I know, I've got a problem...I'm lovesick! And I don't care who knows it! There are worst things in life that could plague you... ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment