Monday, June 17, 2013

Dimanche, 9 Juin 2013: PART I: The French and Taking Things Personally

We did our usual movie day today though we couldn't settle on anything good. Andréa got a call amidst one of the films--it was Damien. He was in a nearby burrough of Marseille and wanted to see what Andréa was up to. Surprisingly, he didn't come over. I haven't seen Andréa's friends since his falling out with Manon so I was curious as to why Damien didn't visit. Honestly, I told Andréa that I no longer cared for Manon after all of the drama between them. I just don't want to get mixed up in it. But I don't want him to keep his other friends at bay just because of her. And I don't want him to stop seeing his friends just because he thinks time with me is running out. 

Once the discussion was over, Andréa asked me if I wanted to see Damien. I thought about it for a second and said "Hm, no. He's not very interesting." Immediately, Andréa flipped a switch and was pissed. Okay, so...I was just curious about why he didn't come over. I wasn't begging to see him. I said that he wasn't interesting, but that doesn't mean I don't like him. Recap: Damien is Andréa's BFF who is also super shy and gets up every time he's left alone with me, lol. He just can't ever make small talk, poor guy. Damien is super nice, but not very social. 

It annoys me when Andréa gets mad at me for being frank. People always get pissed off when you're blunt--because they know it's true. They take it the wrong way when it's about a specific person or thing so they feel like they need to be defensive. News flash, there's nothing to defend. It's a fact, not an insult. I decided to let it go because I had been light-headed all morning and was worn out. Andréa, however, decided he'd like to keep fighting. I avoided him like always because he's just too naive to understand that I wasn't belittling his friend. It doesn't matter what fashion you try to explain your reasoning, he always thinks he's right because of what he feels at the moment you say something. 

I got extra woozy as Andréa was arguing with me and went to the bathroom to puke. I, of course, didn't mention anything because I didn't want Andréa to feel sorry for me. I wanted to stand my ground. I'm the one that made the comment. I'm pretty sure I would know how I meant for it to be taken. Andréa needs to learn this on his own because I'm done trying to explain. If we aren't able to discuss things like how boring our friends are, then really, we have no business moving forward. It was just a conversation, not a complaint.  

No comments:

Post a Comment