Sunday, June 30, 2013

Mardi, 18 Juin 2013: Fear = Disaster

I felt kind of weird after last night's discussion with Andréa. Honestly, I feel like a horrible girlfriend for leaving him in the dust. A continental move is such a big step in someone's life and I should help him. Sure, I did it on my own but that was my decision and my journey. Andréa has me, he should be able to reap the benefits that come with a relationship. 

I'm constantly researching loopholes for him to exist with me. Andréa basically has three options, enroll at an American university, win the Greed Card Lottery, or marry me. I'm honestly not ready to get married yet so I'll just pray that he wins the lottery. Andréa has no real interest in being a student again so I don't want to make that suggestion. He would get at least a year-long visa if he did that though. Maybe that'll be enough time for him to see that it really won't work out between us. No, I'm not a pessimist. I'm a realist.

Regardless of what I say, whether it will work out or it won't, the truth is that I don't really know. I'm not clairvoyant and I can't predict the future. Anything can happen. We could live happily ever after. It's possible. I decided to put my own fears and insecurities aside and show Andréa that I support him and his efforts. Fear, any amount of it, will always break a relationship. I'm typically not afraid of anything so this is kind of new to me. Luckily, I'm able to control my emotions and forget about them for awhile. I went to Marseille to be with Andréa tonight. I'm sure what I said last night hurt him and I want him to know that I still love him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment