Sunday, June 9, 2013

Mardi, 28 Mai 2013: PART I: Citron Vert Review

I had my first French hair removal experience today. I've been doing my own waxings all year due to the fact that I don't trust anyone else to do it right but this time around I just felt lazy. I have one place I go to in Indiana and one place that I go to in Virginia. If they're not available then I wait for them to call me. They're the only ones that do it right! It's so difficult to find a good spa with skilled hair removal technicians. I found my two regular places through trial and error. Most of my friends shave as most everyone does here in France so it's really difficult to rely on word of mouth for depilatory services. 

I did a general Google search online and came across a few places. I compared prices along with distance and online reviews and decided on one location, Citron Vert. This institute was just down the street and required no appointments so I decided to give it a try. The place was empty as I walked in but I could hear a bell chime when I opened the door. Within a minute or so, a young woman was downstairs to greet me. I made it known that my French conversational skills weren't great but she still spoke a mile a minute. She took me to my room and allowed me to get undressed--about 15 minutes as opposed to the normal 1-2 minute wait. It kind of irritated me because she had told me that she could get right to me since there were no other services being rendered at the time. When the technician finally entered the room, she was polite and asked all of the necessary questions. She used a gummy type of wax that I'm not used to. I've used the wax that also acts as a strip before, but this one was much softer and didn't work very well. The technician had to continuously re-wax the same area several times and then finished with tweezing afterward. I know that my hair is easy to remove due to my own experience and by testimony of my regular technicians. That wax is not of good quality! I was also kind of put off when I had to tell the technician she missed a spot. A big one! My experience wasn't horrible, but it took much longer than usual. The brazilian wax was 25 euro which is an average U.S. price. The credit card machine didn't work so I had to walk around and find an ATM during which time I was told I had to leave my personal belongings at the shop. I was annoyed because it wasn't my fault the card didn't go through, but I did it anyway. I ended up leaving the girl a 3 euro tip even though I wasn't satisfied. This is opposed to my normal 30% tip back in the states. Tips are not expected for these services so the technician was super content! She shared a euro with each of her co-workers who were also standing at the counter. I thought it was nice of her. Citron Vert is an okay beauty-on-the-go stop, but I think I'll stick to my 6 euro pot of wax from now on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment