Sunday, June 23, 2013

Vendredi, 14 Juin 2013: Bandol

Andréa and I headed to Bandol tonight. His godfather lended us his rental for the weekend so I could discover a little bit more of France. Bandol was cute. Again, like most other Mediterranean beach towns but not nearly as expensive as Nice and not nearly as trashy as some parts of Marseille. Bandol held a healthy, middle rating for me. 

Since we arrived at night, we dropped our things off at the apartment and heading straight down to the port for dinner. The two of us walked around for a bit until we found a menu that would satisfy our appetite and prices that wouldn't break Andréa's bank account. Andréa's price range for eating out is much higher than mine, but I try to look for things on the cheaper side so that we can do cool things alongside our food excursions. Like I said before, I really like that Andréa takes care of me--financially and emotionally. Chivalry--it's what I was raised on, and I guess he was too. If we have nothing else, at least we have that in common ;-) Ha haha.

We found a cute restaurant on a secondary street, behind all of the hot spots on the main stretch. This resto had a combo special. You pick one appetizer and one entrée for 18 euros. There were two choices for each. I chose the duck roll-up with pickled vegetables as an appetizer and a shrimp platter in a cream sauce as my entrée. Needless to say, I was more than happy. Andréa took me out for gelato afterward. He let me pick all 3 of the flavors that went into the cone. I don't know why he lets me do that because my combination was absolutely stupid--mint chocolate chip, some sort of fruit sorbet, and a cherry-ish vanilla flavor. I'm cool with picking one, while he picks another, and us agreeing on the last. They were all good--just not together. I fell under a gelato coma soon after a few bites so Andréa killed the rest as usual. It's so crazy...Ever since Andréa and I have begun dating, I haven't forced myself to finish a single dish. Complimentary personalities??? Maybe...



No comments:

Post a Comment