Sunday, June 9, 2013

Mercredi, 29 Mai 2013: Sex Talks and the Like

After Andréa got off work today, he came to Aix so we could spend the day together. Didier filled my car up with gas and the two of us went off to Les Milles for lunch. I was honestly craving asian food for once, but your options are limited between noon and 14h00 in France. Most restaurants close for rest. We ended up eating in a café inside a shopping mall. After lunch, the two of us went on a walk by the creek. It ended up pouring rain so we raced to the car! In the midst of all of the running, Andréa built up another appetite. Before I knew it, we were on our way to Le Cupcake. Andréa grabbed an Oreo cupcake while I opted for the "U.S. cake" this time around. The icing looked very light, airy, and not too sweet so it had a lot of appeal to me. You can tell a cake's icing is whipped by the way it looks finished. If it's grainy, it's likely to be heavy and contain a lot of sugar. My observations about the icing were correct, though there was too much on the cake. I ended up leaving a lot of the icing uneaten though the cake itself was absolutely fabulous! Andréa and I also discovered some awesome organic juices today. The flavors were strong but not at all simulated. The drinks are made 100% from fruits that have been growing on a U.K. property for centuries.


Andréa and I picked up the kids together but parted ways before dinner time as usual. Bonne maman, Céline's mom a.k.a. my adoptive grandmother arrived today from Paris. The entire Passerat de la Chapelle family is getting together this weekend for Axel's communion. Axel is Céline's niece. For dinner tonight, we had the kids eat first and go straight to bed. Afterward, it was maman, papa, bonne maman, and I who shared a dinner together. Tonight's conversations were interesting to say the least. Papa asked how my weekend was with Andréa and said to "leave out the sex details because we know that's all you guys do." Lol. Oh...my...Didier normally jokes around with me like that but not ever in front of the grandparents. I was pretty shocked, but everyone chuckled--even bonne maman. That's when the real conversation started and bonne maman started asking me about my sex habits. 

BONNE MAMAN: 'Do you do it because you love him? Or because it feels good?' 

ME: 'Um...Er...Well...It depends on the situation. All of the above I guess.'

BONNE MAMAN: 'So you're saying it's therapeutic to you.'

ME: 'Sometimes it's just sex and sometimes it's making love."

BONNE MAMAN: 'I don't know. To me, sex is a reduction...'

PAPA, MAMAN, and I: *Looks of shock with mouths wide open*

PAPA: 'Uh...What do you mean Armelle?'

*crickets*

Apparently she liked the way I answered her question. I don't know if that has any hidden meaning in it or not. She's the passive aggressive type so there's usually something more to what she's saying. You just don't hear about it until she leaves. I felt a bit disrespected by bonne maman's comment but I didn't say anything. Luckily I had Céline and Didier to stick up for me. Bonne maman tried to say that American relationships lack the respect and emotional connection that exists in French relationships. Ahh!!! If she only knew more people!!! No one felt like arguing with her so we all just finished up dinner quickly and I escaped to bed. I seriously hope Didier knows better than to bring up a subject like that with an old-timer again. I understand people who are set in their ways. I'm one of those people! It's just better to leave some things undisturbed...

No comments:

Post a Comment