Sunday, June 30, 2013

Vendredi, 21 Juin 2013: Fête de la Musique

Today, every city in France is hosting a music festival. It's called World Music Day. This tradition was started about 30 years ago by Maurice Fleuret who wanted to promote the practice of and exposure to music. Over 100 countries in the world are now celebrating the cause on the exact same day. 

I really wanted to see the festival. Aix-en-Provence supposedly holds one of the best and I had a friend that was playing. I asked Andréa if he was ready to go, repeatedly, over an hour's time. Each time, he replied with 'yes' but never got his things together and never even took a step toward the exit. I really wanted to experience the concerts and see my friends which were only about a 20 minute walk away in the nearby park, but that didn't happen. By the time Andréa made any moves, my friend's band had already begun playing and traffic was absolutely catastrophic. It's normal though. Everyone comes to Aix for La fête de la Musique. I would've told him about my friend's band earlier but I wanted to surprise him with the table that was reserved for us. Not only that, but I didn't want to make him do anything he didn't want to do and I didn't want to sway his decision by announcing my friend was playing. If he had no interest in the festival, then I just wanted to leave it at that. Well, I missed the world-renowned festival, but at least Didier, Céline, and Gregoire were able to see Antoine play in Avignon. Here's to my amazingly talented host brother! He's a killer guitarist!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment