Sunday, June 23, 2013

Jeudi, 13 Juin 2013: Le Patacrêpe, Round 2

Andréa's been coming to Aix a lot--volunteering himself for the trip since I haven't had the opportunity to visit him in Marseille. Our thing this week is eating out. First it was the pizza at the overlook, then the cute japanese resto on Bar Street, and tonight--Patacrêpe. I had eaten here the first month I was in France and was surprisingly satisfied. I was always told by frenchies not to go to chain restaurants. 

Though the heat was blazing, Andréa and I sat outside and took in all of the scents and sounds. There was an accordion player playing in the streets so this made for an especially romantic dinner. Another culturally diverse couple sat next to us which was cute as well (Caucasian, English-speaking woman with an Indian, French-speaking man). 

I didn't explore the menu much further than the last time I was at Patacrêpe...I ordered the same thing. A humongous salad with raw ham, huge mozzarella balls, other random chunks of cheese, all on top of a single wheat crêpe. I don't know why I ordered that. It was too hot so I wasn't at all hungry, and there were much smaller things on the menu that would've done just fine. I'm a pig though...I live to eat. There are bigger problems in life...

No comments:

Post a Comment