Monday, June 10, 2013

Lundi, 3 Juin 2013: Hypochondriac

Our dear ol' Camille stayed home from school today--due to a cough. She wasn't running a fever and there was nothing else that would have kept her from school. I swear she gives herself these coughing fits on purpose. I was a kid once. I can tell when they're real or they're fake. Or when they're made real through so much faking...Camille's coughs were the latter. Whatever it was, bonne maman and I "took care" of her all day. Really though, Camille did her usual sitting in front of the TV and ate whatever she could weasel out of bonne maman because I just wasn't having it. 

I dropped Camille and bonne maman off at the Cours Mirabeau for the doctor's appointment and picked them back up soon after. The doctor said what I already knew, that there was neither a bacterial or viral infection. He said that Camille should just rest and that she could go back to school immediately. She didn't seem too happy about that, but at least she got one day off. 

When the three of us got back to the house, Camille closed the gate as she always does in a haphazard fashion. She flung each side of the gate and expected it to close securely. Camille made a huge mistake this time though. She turned her back to one of the iron doors after she had thrown it closed and it ricocheted back toward her. The strong momentum of the rusty metal clashed with the back of Camille's ankle and she cried out in pain. Bonne maman ran to her immediately but upon taking off her shoes and socks, we found that Camille only had a small superficial wound. Honestly, it was a big chunk of skin and I'm sure it would've hurt me too but Camille kept on claiming that her foot was broken. I knew it wasn't broken because she could still wiggle her toes and walk on it. I shouldn't have said anything though, because afterward Camille started hobbling...

No comments:

Post a Comment