Monday, January 7, 2013

Samedi, 5 Janvier 2013: From Presqu'Ile to Dance Central

Apparently I snore. I'm blaming it on Andréa's pillows which are way too fluffy for me. Ha haha. We were woken up by a crying baby the next wall over. Oh well, I didn't come to Marseille to sleep. His roommate was away on a ski trip so we had the entire apartment to ourselves ;-) ;-)

When we finally composed ourselves, we got ready and headed out for the day. Andréa took me to this quaint Greek restaurant in Marseille. It was absolutely empty and I have no idea why because it was the MOST AMAZING Greek food I've ever had!!! We had tapas for an appetizer which included Tyropita, Spanokopita, fresh bread with 6 different sauces/toppings--grilled mushrooms, hummus, tzatziki, roasted red peppers in olive oil, eggplant caviar, and another type of hummus. We weren't even halfway done with the tapas and I was already full. Andréa had fed me muffins for breakfast because "Il faut que tu manger" ('It's necessary that you eat'). Not only do I dislike sweets in general, but it's even more difficult for me to eat in the morning. And they were chocolate chip muffins...Ick!!! Two things I don't enjoy eating rolled into one. Ha haha. I did it to make him happy, but I was way too full at lunch. 

As for entrées, Andréa had a chopped steak stuffed with feta alongside grilled potatoes while I had marinated pork in a red wine/tomato sauce with potato purée and salad on the side. Like I said, I was already full so I ate most of the pork and basically left the rest of the food on the plate. I felt so bad because I'm part of the Clean Plate Club normally, but I started my diet at the beginning of the week so my stomach is super small...

Andréa basically had to roll me back to the car. I was so full I thought I was going to get sick, but I held myself together. He drove us to Cassis after lunch. Cassis is a small coastal town on the Mediterranean--not far from where we live. It reminded me a lot of Nice with all of the expensive cars and houses. We went to an area called "Les Calanques" which is basically a steep white valley enclosing a lake. The cliffs were stark white but crisp and beautiful. 



We took a long walk around the inlet before stopped at "Presqu'Ile" which is a beautiful peninsula. I experienced my first nude beach here...It was a bit awkward but no one else paid any attention so I tried to stay cool. The view was so breath-taking...I just sat with my arms around Andréa, breathed him in, watched the waves crash, and enjoyed the sun. It felt like it was at least 70’F here. Well, I guess there were people sunbathing nude, so I'm probably not too far off. 

 Nude beachers by the water

Andréa and I headed back to Marseille after taking in all of the scenery. This took a few hours. We didn't leave before I found the perfect rock to commemorate the trip though ;-) When we got back to Marseille, we did some shopping and by shopping I mean we bought a ton of alcohol for the night. Andréa was having a little get-together.

Manon was the first to arrive. She was her usual spunky self with extra punk tonight because she wouldn't know if her boyfriend could come out until a certain time. He's Jewish and in his practice he doesn't use his cell phone on certain days until a certain hour. When she finally brought him over I saw that they were the perfect couple. They totally mesh. They have the same kind of energy, the same amount of it, and they look really good together. I can only hope that Andréa and I can live up to that ;-) We were a crazy quadruple. After mange-ing on some pizza, Yosef and I got down on some Dance Central. It was so funny watching him dance that I laughed until I cried. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time! 

After a bit of hookah and bonding, more people arrived. First there was Andréa's roommate Flora who showed up with a gushing wound on her head. Then there was Thomas and his girlfriend. Thomas is a childhood friend of Andréa's who had just spent winter break in the Caribbean. You could tell, he was super duper tan! The night was fun overall but I was so beat from the visit to Cassis that I nearly fell asleep in the living room. I get the feeling that everyone else was pretty tired too because they all called it a night at the same time...

No comments:

Post a Comment