Monday, January 28, 2013

Jeudi, 17 Janvier 2013: The Battle Continues

I went to the post office after I dropped Gregoire off at daycare. There were two women lolly-gagging as I was waiting at the desk for service. They pretty much ignored me so I took an envelope, used one of the stamps lying on their kiosk, threw my letter in the outgoing box, and went on with my day. I don't know what it is with people working in the post office or grocery stores but they seem to really hate their lives. Honestly, if I didn't know how to do my job, I'd hate myself too. Lol. 

I immediately left for Marseille after mailing my forms. I spent a good 4 hours with Andréa and his roommate before heading back to Aix to get the kids. Camille had a swim meet in Jas de Bouffan that evening so I had to meet up with Céline so we could split up the responsibility. She was going to drive Camille to the meet while I would keep the other 3 kids busy. We ended up having a lot of extra time so I went to centre ville to drop off some spring rolls I had made for Kami but the kids got so rowdy that I just sat in the parking lot waiting for Céline. 

All of the kids wanted to go to the meet and I was all for it, but maman convinced them to stay, and they fought all the way home...It was horrendous. Baptiste had gotten some Tic Tacs from his mom and decided not to share them with Léa because she was being obnoxious. She started to hit him so he was even more firm about not giving her any. About 5 minutes later she starts crying. Meanwhile, 3 year old Gregoire is telling the two of them to "Shut up!" and "Stop!"

I continued the lice treatment today after we got home. I made sure to double the shampooing on the kids because this $#!^ is getting ridiculous. Léa got all upset when I told her I was going to shampoo her hair for her because she doesn't do it well. She took her bath and when she came out, her hair still looked and felt unwashed. She said she did it twice. Lies I say! I made her get back in the bathroom, this time I washed her hair for her. People can either do things the right way or their way. I'm going to be doing this MY way. You mark my words...In a week or less, this house will be lice-free and if anyone gets another infestation, I will be cutting those greasy locks. It's my job to take care of the children and if cutting their hair is the last effort, then I will resort to that if I have to. And yes, maman agrees!

No comments:

Post a Comment