Sunday, January 27, 2013

Dimanche, 13 Janvier 2013: Obligations vs. Relationships

My alarm went off at 8h00 this morning. I had promised maman that I'd be back in Aix by 9h00 to finish prep for Gregoire's birthday party. Andréa had a bit of trouble getting up but he mustered up the energy. As soon as we got back to my host family's house we went straight to work. I cooked, Andréa helped Didier move furniture, and Céline cleaned and decorated until our time ran out. Luckily, it was just the right amount of time.

By noon everyone was starting to arrive. We had 14 guests on top of our 10 person family so I was hustling to make some food--hoping it'd stay hot. For appetizers, maman and papa deep-fried the eggrolls. We had the cold noodle salad and my favorite vietnamese spring rolls for the main course. Everyone ended up rolling the cold noodle salad in the rice paper. You usually don't roll these spring rolls with noodles of any sort, just leafy greens. As for noodles that are rolled in the classic spring rolls, they're just plain rice noodles--not the clear rice vermicelli that I used for the cold noodle salad. I didn't tell anyone that this was uncommon because it turned out to be pretty awesome. I ended up making way too much food. I'm always afraid of making too little when it comes to dinner parties. I guess it's better to have too much but we'll be eating spring rolls for the next few days ;-)



When I felt the party start to die, I pulled Andréa into my room to watch the sunset. The clouds were plentiful so it was very beautiful and romantic. We were alone for a few minutes before Léa walked in. The girl wouldn't leave us alone no matter how many hints I was dropping. I think she has a little crush on Andréa and that's all fine and dandy, except when I want to be alone with him. I got frustrated so I left the room and finished cleaning up. By the time I was done, she was still in my room with my boyfriend. I decided that this would be one day where I couldn't have Andréa to myself. Everyone had been hogging him all day so I got really irritated. I'm grateful that my host family loves my boyfriend but I can't handle them trying to steal his attention all the time--even when I'm skyping with him. It's so obnoxious!!!

My host sister finally left the room. Andréa smiled at me and I just glared at him. He asks what was wrong so I told him that I was tired of sharing him. He then tried to diffuse the situation by telling me that he wanted to see me everyday before I left for Morocco. I ended up telling him I didn't want to see him at all. That was a real bitch move because I didn't completely mean it.  I told him that I wanted this time without him to see if "absence makes the heart grow fonder." It's a thing for me...If I can go a few days without seeing my boyfriend then I know I'm not really into him. Andréa got really upset. At first, he couldn't look at me. Then he said "Okay, if you need to. But after? If you don't miss me?" I said "Then I would break up with you." And I was totally serious. But then he started getting tears in his eyes and I realized that because he was so hurt, I was upset with myself. It really hit me when he started getting emotional. I realized how much he means to me and I really didn't need a few days to see if I would miss him, because at this point, I already knew that I would. 

I tried everything I could to take it back and make him feel better. I told him I was sorry, kissed him, and hugged him. He seemed better but I knew that there was nothing I could do to take back the memory of what I said. We decided to take a drive to the overlook in my neighborhood, just to be alone together. I made sure to give him as much love as I could before I let him leave for Marseille. I know that I made a huge mistake tonight, but I can't erase it. All I can do now is make up for it. And I will...

No comments:

Post a Comment