Monday, May 6, 2013

Mardi, 30 Avril 2013: A Pet's Worst Nightmare

I woke up this morning expecting to take Gregoire to the creche. Little did I know that I would be accompanying Google to the vet. The last time I took her to the vet for her spay check-up, she was defiant but wasn't too much trouble. This time, she pulled me so hard that there are bruises all over my right hand from the leash. My hand was even covered by my sweater as I had the leash wrapped around it. We saw the vet outside of the office trying to get control over another dog, maybe this is what scared her. Eventually, I let her drag me back to the car and I put her in the backseat while I went and retrieved the veterinarian. He let me pull my car up directly up to the office's doors on the sidewalk. He allowed me to leave my car there the entire visit.

Google's visit today was for some injections and a check-up for her ear which was recently inflamed. Her ear was completely red a few days ago and weighed what felt like 10x as normal. Apparently, this was a result of a caterpillar sting. All is well now. Google's ear is still red on the inside but back to its normal mass. The vet gave us a solution to clean out her ears which were totally gunky. I recently pulled 6 ticks off of her from the vacation home so these new vaccinations and tick collar should help with any pests as well. The vet was super cool as always but today he spoke English with me. I feel like these Frenchies really like having me around to practice their skills. I wonder if it was rude of me to correct him...

The visit wasn't very long except for trying to get Google inside. Once the veterinarian opened the door to the waiting room Google got up and pulled me out the door. She was ready to go! Since the car was sitting right outside of the entrance, I opened the back door and she hopped right in! The poor pup had the worst tremors. Her beagle girlfriend was waiting for her when we arrived home though and it was like she had completely forgotten about the vet :-) ...Animals.



No comments:

Post a Comment