Monday, May 20, 2013

Lundi, 6 Mai 2013: Fêter et Recevoir

Krystle and I have been hanging out a lot lately. We mainly work the same hours so we have most of the morning and afternoon to do stuff. Today, I proposed a trip to Emmaus, the thrift shop that's been closed every time we've visited so far. I didn't check the hours on the internet like I should have and I really regretted it when we showed up and it was closed, again. This must've been the third time I've driven us to Plan de Campagne to check this place out. 

Instead of going back to Aix, Krystle admitted that she wanted to check out a party supply store in nearby Les Milles, so on we went. I love throwing parties so I absolutely love stores like this! We followed the signs to Les Milles, but after a certain point, they disappeared. We were lost for sure and we took the same routes  over and over again, following and re-following the signs. About an hour later, we found the store Fêter et Recevoir, which was at the main roundabout we had already visited at least a dozen times. 

The frustration of the search completely melted away when we walked into the superstore. It was a huge warehouse completely decked out in party supplies, wedding necessities, costumes, and gag gifts. Ahh!!! My heaven!!! The great thing about his place as well is that it's "American" priced. You weren't paying an arm or a leg for anything!

Krystle and I walked around, found some masks for her upcoming masquerade party, and browsed the rest of the store's offerings. Most of the stuff was good quality, and did I mention cheap??? I don't know if it was temporary euphoria or not but I found myself in the wedding section looking for cute things to put together for Andréa. I found a picture frame with the word "LOVE", a heart-shaped picture frame keychain, a purple corked bottle for special somethings, a heart decoration made out of molded wires, a feather tickler, and love dice ;-) I was pretty proud of myself for being the gifty romantic one for once. Krystle was even more shocked than I was. She knows me best of all my friends here! We're basically the same person in different bodies so when she looked at me with disgust, I knew that was how I'd normally react. It was completely uncharacteristic of me but that's also what made us both roar with laughter all the way back to Aix. 

No comments:

Post a Comment