Sunday, May 5, 2013

Jeudi, 25 Avril 2013: Blistering Pain

Though most of renovations in my host family's house are complete, there are still minor things that need tweaking. One of those things are the windows and the french doors. They are currently stained and maman wants them to be painted white like the closet doors I spent weeks painting. So, guess what I did today? Yep. I painted. The paint that they gave me is pretty awful so I had to put 3 coats of primer on each door/window and it took up to 6 coats of the actual paint for them to look half decent. I was only able to finish the doors and windows upstairs by the end of the day. But by the look of my hands with all of the blisters and calluses that have formed, I think this is a good place to stop...For a long time. This is definitely not your average au pair job, and no one asked me to do it, but I am so sick of looking at half-painted doors. It's so tacky. Plus, that look of joy on Céline's face when there's a new home improvement is super cute. But hey! Now all of the doors match...Upstairs anyway ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment