Monday, May 6, 2013

Dimanche, 28 Avril 2013: Concern At Any Age

Andréa and I had a low-key day today. We really didn't do much of anything but I like having those days every once in awhile. The triplets arrived back from Italy yesterday and they've been texting me ever since. I'm not sure why they're so concerned about me but it's cute regardless. It was mostly the girls who were messaging me--wondering what I was doing, when I was coming back, and if I would be eating dinner with them. I guess that week away from their "nounou" made them miss me a bit.

When I got home tonight the kids all ran down the stairs to give me a kiss. Super cute :-) Even little Greg who had just seen me a few days earlier ran into my arms. After catching up a bit, everyone separated and went off to do their own thing. The parents were in the downstairs salon fixing an old scale. Everyone got on the scale to weigh themselves. I was the last one. When I hopped on and the scale read 50.0 kg my host mom just looked at me, shook her head, and said "Salope!" as she giggled. Yep, lol. My host mom called me a slut--in the cutest way possible :-) The three of us immediately burst out laughing! The expression on her face was priceless. It was so freaking adorable the way she said it. Everytime I think about that moment, it just makes me smile. 

Ahhh...I love my host family...I don't know how I'm going to live without them...

No comments:

Post a Comment