Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Jeudi, 9 Mai 2013: PART I: Marineland

Andréa and I woke up super early this morning. Well, actually, I didn't really sleep but that's another story. We picked Momo up on our way out of town because three of us were going to Marineland today! Marineland is an aquatic park nestled in Antibes which is about 30 minutes from Nice. I would find out much later that Marineland is the French version of America's Sea World.

Since it was the last day of férié, all of the people that were off work were hustling to all of the open attractions. The park was packed and it had only been open for a few minutes. Once inside the park, it was basically a circus. Though Andréa has already uploaded, edited, and signed his photos--I'm going to let you see through my lens. 

First we visited the ray touching pool

Then the penguin haven

We watched the sea lions play in the water

And visited the aquarium

This turtle loved attention

There was a dinosaur land

We watched a dolphin show

The orca spectacle was cooler

Caught a polar bear swimming

Who also loved attention

And finished with the shark tunnel

There was a situation during the orca show. An elderly woman fainted just a few rows in front of me. No one really did anything except stare so I left the arena to find someone. I found a maintenance worker but was so panicked I forgot how to speak French. Luckily, Momo was right behind me and grabbed the guy. The woman was fine. I'm not sure what the problem was--heat could have been a concern. Maybe she just had too much excitement. One thing is for sure though, there were so many people around, I could barely breathe. 

All in all, Marineland was a good visit. I'm generally happy in any place that has animals. I kind of felt stupid when I figured out that it was the French version of Sea World though. They both have the same layout, same shows, same tricks, same attractions. It was still fun to experience it all with Andréa and Momo. It was even cuter to hear all of the kids' exclamations in French, ha haha. 


No comments:

Post a Comment