Thursday, April 11, 2013

Mercredi, 10 Avril 2013: Lac de Peyrolles

I had a new adventure today! Krystle has kind of been my tour guide since I moved to France. She and Andréa have done well to show me things I would enjoy. Today Krystle, Graydon, and I went to Lac de Peyrolles in Peyrolles-de-Provence. It's an extremely small area in the midst of a beautiful countryside. It was a gorgeous day! Warm, sunny, inviting...The lake is big and turquoise, closed-in by a delicate, rocky beach which is surrounded by grassy areas. The water was much too cold to swim in, though I did test it much too early in the day. Andréa met us out there after he got off work. I'm surprised he didn't pass out with the sun beaming down on us--especially with his 4h00 to noon job stint. The four of us snacked, drank some beer, wine, and Panaché, hula hooped, and just relaxed. Andréa and I wrestled at some point in there ;-) Remember, "those who play together, stay together." What a great way to start the spring season!

Lac de Peyrolles

Graydon burying his Heinekens in the lake for chilling

Andréa, Krystle, and Graydon. The two guys were afraid to get burnt, haha

My lover

Kids absolutely love Graydon, and no one knows why. 
This one's too young to know not to talk to strangers, ha haha.

Once the day was over, Andréa headed back to Marseille while Krystle and Graydon came with me to pick Baptiste up from soccer practice. After I dropped my buddies off, Baptiste and I headed home. Bonne maman and my host parents headed out the door soon after. They had a soirée with Didier's boss so I had the kids to myself again tonight. When I asked the kids what they wanted to eat, they decided they wanted steak haché medium rare and linguini with ketchup. I decided I wanted to make them eat a salad too. I guess they got almost all of their food groups ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment