Saturday, April 20, 2013

Dimanche, 14 Avril 2013: Explore and Be Explored

I went out last night with some guys I met on Couchsurfing. Florent was kind enough to meet me in the nearest "big" town and took me out to meet his friends. We spent the night partying with other blokes who wanted to practice their english skills. Everyone was super nice and hospitable. They educated me on the wine and history of the region. Definitely my type of people considering I make my own wine and love historical facts. They're a certain sort of intellectual that I enjoy. The entire night reminded me of my friends back in Harrisonburg. At home, I'm just one of the guys. We drink. We chat. We make fun of each other. And we laugh about it. I have a lot of close girlfriends but the majority of my friends are dudes and I'm okay with that.

The guys got me home at a semi-decent hour and I got ample sleep. Bonne maman woke me up at 9h00 for mass but considering the fact that I'm not Catholic, I opted out, and explored the massive garden instead. I did about 8 laps around the property which is probably a bit more than two miles. Running in a scenic area is so much easier because you're always distracted by the view in front of you rather than the thought of running out of breath.

I threw on my bikini and passed out under the bright sun while music blasted through my headphones. About 4 hours later, the kids came and found me in the garden, about 10 shades darker, ha haha. The weather has been absolutely impeccable since we've been here without a single, shady cloud in the sky. I love the serenity of this property so much that I never, EVER want to leave. It's a bit cut off from "civilization" with no internet and all but I had some practice letting go when I closed my Facebook account about a month ago. I feel so free! You have no idea. It's so liberating to be in this country lifestyle. I can understand why people move away from the city. You wouldn't think there would be, but there's so much to do. I spent the next five hours hiking the forests around us, getting lost, and finding my way back. I had forgotten how much I loved to do that back home...which really makes me miss home.

After dinner, I went upstairs to check my phone. I had been leaving it in my room because I wanted to detach myself from the outer world. I saw that I had a missed call from a number with no name and a few text messages from the same origin. It was obviously Andréa which was easily determined by the attitude. He claimed that someone called him, told him I had given them his number, etc, etc. You ALL know that if you're a friend of mine, I would NEVER give out your number without your permission, no matter how much I hate you at the time. So, there are two explanations. Either, A.) Andréa's friends are being uber-douche bags and screwing with him, or B.) He's just looking for a reason to talk to me. No matter which one it is, he should know that if I'm up to any shenanigans that I would WANT him to know that I'm the cause of his distress. Does he know who I am yet or not? Obviously, NOT.

No comments:

Post a Comment