Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Mardi, 19 Février 2013: Hair Cuts & Dinner Parties

I kept Gregoire home today because he had pink eye. I didn't want him to spread that all around and neither did his mom. He wasn't really sick though so I took him out for a bit. My au pair friends and I are all a member of a closed group on FB and we post get-togethers, etc. Yesterday, Alyssa posted on the wall asking if anyone knew how to cut bangs. I've had a lot of experience cutting my own as well as my friends' so I replied. Liezl had a good pair of scissors so I picked her up on my way to Jaumegarde with Gregoire. 

Alyssa is among the lucky au pairs. She has the entire guest house to herself so we were able to have private time there. Once we got settled, we started the hair cutting outside. I straightened out her bangs and Liezl finished them for a softer look. They turned out so well that I decided to cut my bangs as well. I'm not nearly as picky with my bangs since they're side-swept so they took just a minute. 


Gregoire had a good time playing with the girls. Alyssa was especially good with him. She's the cutest nanny ever and very attentive! I guess I'm just so used to having him that I get tired of playing all the time. It was refreshing to see him get along well with someone else though. They were so cute together :-)


I had dinner at Krystle's tonight with Andréa, Sebastien, and Dana so I grabbed some groceries on my way home. Gregoire had expended so much energy with Alyssa and Liezl that he was out the entire afternoon. I was able to cook, clean, and do laundry before he woke up. I made my favorite chili recipe though I had to change a few ingredients--they just don't exist in France. Dana and Krystle made tuna enchiladas which I've never had before. I'm more of a chicken or beef enchilada type of girl but they were still good no less. 

We've all decided to make dinner a weekly thing. That's so great because I did this every week with my friends back in the states. I really miss Mikey and his cooking and Dai, Rachel, Colin, Angela, Donald, and the rest of the group every Sunday night. I also miss Date Night with Lauren where we'd take turns cooking each other dinner and then going out to the bars on Thursdays. It'd be good to get a ritual going on with my new friends. We're planning on making pierogies together next week!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!


One of Mikey's many culinary masterpieces. Photo courtesy of our friend Sing Howe

No comments:

Post a Comment