Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Dimanche, 17 Février 2013: The Way Sundays Should Be

This is the Sunday I've been wanting for ages...The only thing missing was brunch and mimosas. I finally got my movie day though. Technology is pretty great, especially since you can stream movies from the internet and catch up on all of your shows from the states. I'm not sure if Andréa was just unaware of this or if it doesn't exist in France but he seemed pretty surprised.

We started with Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters followed by Haunting in Connecticut: Ghosts of Georgia and finished with The Rebound. We watched all of them in English. I wasn't able to find any versions with french sub-titles and dub-overs annoy me. Andréa got the drift with Hansel and Gretel--the story wasn't too intricate and there was plenty of action. He had a bit of trouble with my horror flick though because it was all story and no action. It was really difficult for me to explain in French what was going on and I had a few brain farts along the way so I'm sure I didn't help. He absolutely loved The Rebound though. Catherine Zeta-Jones and Justin Bartha are amazing actors and love stories are generally easy to follow. 

If I'm able to manage it, I want to have a Movie Sunday every Sunday. I'll definitely have to bring back the mimosa tradition though...It's just not Sunday without it!!!


Eggs benedict and mimosas from my last proper Sunday :-( 

No comments:

Post a Comment