Thursday, February 14, 2013

Dimanche, 10 Février 2013: Oursinade [Sea Urchin Festival]

Andréa were in Carry-de-Rouet Sunday for Oursinade--the sea urchin festival. We took a walk around the boat dock where all of the vendors were situated. It was seafood galore!!! I've never seen so many urchins in my life! I'm allergic to shellfish but I absolutely love it!!! I used to have pretty bad reactions as a child but I fought through it and eventually my body learned to cope. To me, the food is worth the suffering. I still get itchy, swollen lips and throat every once in awhile, but that's only when the seafood hasn't been cleaned properly. 
Boat dock with vendors situated against the hill

Nom nom nom...Heaven

That's a ton of sea urchins!

My boyfriend buying way too many macaroons

Here's a close-up for all of you sweets fans ;-)

It was much too cold to dine out for the festival so we ate at Andrea's dad's house. There's really not much else to say except that it was AMAZING!!! Papa B is such a good cook and I always leave feeling satisfied. I'm sorry I don't have much to say but really, you'll get the idea with all of the pictures. Here are some snaps of what we ate...

Calamari, pan-fried with cognac and herbs

Marinated squid/octopus salad

Octopus tentacles that had been simmering in a tomato cognac sauce

Breaded and baked chicken and bananas--just for the hell of it

 My purple coffee cup and saucer, equipped with purple sugar, in a purple house :-)


A macaroon flight



No comments:

Post a Comment