Monday, July 1, 2013

Dimanche, 23 Juin 2013: PART II: Des Jolis Mecs

I had Andréa take me back to Aix instead of spend the rest of the day in Marseille with him. I was at the point where I felt like we no longer connected. Besides that though, I was still entirely dead from the wedding the previous night. I got, maybe, about 5 hours of sleep after a 12 hour day running around after 12 monstrous children. 

I went straight to bed after Andréa dropped me off. It was sometime during the afternoon. A few minutes after I passed out, I was woken up by Didier who was showing the house. He didn't know I was home. A few minutes after that, my host mom comes to my room and says "Melinda, il y a 3 jolis mecs en bas, et il faut que tu viens maintenant." Basically, 'there's 3 gorgeous guys downstairs, and you have to come.' I said no, and Céline was actually pretty irritated. She told me that I was stupid.

It doesn't matter if nothing's gone wrong between Andréa and I, my host parents just don't think he's right for me. Céline and Didier just don't believe he's right for me. In fact, they're strongly against the relationship, but what can they do? They derived their own conclusions through being around him and by watching him when he thinks no one's looking. My host parents are always trying to introduce me to handsome, accomplished men but honestly, I'm not looking to get into anything new just before I head back to the states. I'm also not one to seek out relationships. 

When I finally woke up for the day, Céline, Didier, and Céline's sister Alix were out by the barbecue. I went out to join them and they immediately served me a glass of wine to 'wake me up.' Maman told me again that it was a mistake that I didn't come down to meet the guys. It turns out that the visitors were three of Didier's oldest son's friends, so they were my age. Maman characterized the guys as "tall, dark, and beautiful." She also added that they came with no shirts on because they had been camping. Listening to Céline describe the men sounded like she was drooling. Didier seemed to be amused by this and he completely backed her up too! All Didier said to me was "Melinda, if you would have met these guys. You would never leave France. I guarantee it! This is the kind of guys you need to be with!" I'm not ready to jump into another relationship. And if the guys are really that amazing, then maybe it's better that I didn't meet them after all... 

No comments:

Post a Comment