Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Jeudi, 27 Juin 2013: αντίο Loucas

Loucas is a friend I made in my language class at l'Université Paul Cézanne this year. He's from Cyprus so he's really easy going. We exchange jabs at each other in either French or English so our relationship is a bit humorous. He's like a brother to me, and today, he left France. I get increasingly more sad as more and more of my friends leave, but this one really broke my heart. 

Yesterday evening, Andréa and I went to the Café Verdun for a farewell drink. We met up with Loucas, Evaggelia who brought along her husband and two sons, our professor Nathalie, her boyfriend Joel, and two of Nathalie's friends. We all had a chance to catch up finally since school ended. Evaggelia and her family are getting ready to move back to Greece so it was difficult saying goodbye to her as well. She's a beautiful, beautiful woman--inside and out. I always felt so comfortable around her. 

Our meeting wasn't long because everyone still had to finish packing. Joel and Andréa were also exhausted from their long work day. The four of us that were in class together got one last picture before we said our official goodbyes. Andréa and I walked with Loucas for a bit before we decided we couldn't follow him any longer. I must've given Loucas a million hugs in that little bit of time. I just felt like I couldn't hug him enough! It's true though that I won't be seeing him for awhile. It's so sad. I could tell that he was feeling down too. He tried to hide it, but he looked so torn up. 

Anyway, Here's to my friend Loucas! He made it home safely. I hope to see him again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment