Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Lundi, 1 Juillet 2013: Sitting Down with Dad

Didier has been trying to avoid getting into my relationship problems, but today, he sat me down in the garden, pulled out a pack of cigarettes, lit one up and started talking. "Listen, you know I don't want to be involved but..." He told me he told Andréa to stay away, that he was no longer invited to my farewell party, and that he should not follow me back to the states. Somehow, I was relieved, though still sad. Didier had done all of the talking for me. 

When he asked me to describe what had happened over the weekend, I started feeling sick. When I got to a certain point in the events, he stopped me, saying "I told you that would happen if you went back to him last time." I couldn't help it then, I started crying. I was upset because I knew he was right all along and that for once, I was weak for allowing those events to occur at all.

My host dad and I sat outside together for what seemed like forever. He told me to enjoy the nice weather and to just let it all go. He reminded me that I have great things ahead of me, and you know what? He's right. I have 24 days left in France. I need to take advantage of them because I'm probably never coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment