Friday, December 28, 2012

Mercredi, 26 Decembre 2012: Melinda, A Jack of All Trades

Wednesday was an exceptionally busy day for housework so I told Danny to take a day trip. He chose Marseille for this.

Céline, her sister, and I started the day off by cleaning the floors and dismantling all of the Christmas decorations. I then went upstairs to help fix a daybed so that Nicolas would have his own place to sleep. I did a ton of ironing as well, about three baskets full. It doesn't matter how much you like you iron, it's still exhausting. 

Sometime mid-day I decided to clean the espresso machine like I normally do every other day. I took all of the usual pieces out and wiped them down. Didier was making coffee for the both of us when the machine made an odd noise and just stopped working. I'm not sure if one of the pieces didn't get put back in correctly or not but this was not normal. The pump was lodged all the way into the top of the machine and wouldn't budge. Didier and I took the entire thing apart. He worked on it with me for a good 30 minutes or so before he decided he was just going to buy a new one. I couldn't just let it go though so I kept working on it through dinner and preparations. Three hours later, I got the bright idea to plug the machine back in to see if it'd reset itself. What do you know??? It worked! Once the machine was plugged back in, it ran an "Antidiagnostic" and put itself back in place. It was good that we took the machine apart beforehand though, because if we left some of the pieces in, they would've broken off when the machine reset itself. Then he would really have to buy a replacement. Here's a picture during the process.


I was able to fully enjoy my dinner with that task complete. Tonight, we had boudins blanches and quenelles with linguini in a white wine sauce with raw oysters and steamed crab as an appetizer.

I ended the night having a music session with Antoine upstairs. He played his favorite songs on the electric guitar and I looked up the lyrics and sang along. We did this until half past midnight--with Andréa watching on Skype. Ha haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment