Friday, December 21, 2012

Lundi, 17 Decembre 2012: Facebook and Children

The beginning of this week has been pretty low-key except for the kids trying to defy authority once again. The triplets opened up Facebook accounts which is alright to me because the kids will learn how to use the internet safely with more practice and guidance. They will hopefully also learn more about the world and propriety through the news feed and sometimes relevant ads. The more friends they have on Facebook, the more informed they'll be about the world, or so you'd hope, but most of their friends won't care about world news. It's one way that I myself keep up to date though. 

Anyway, the girls have been obnoxiously asking me for my computer and I let them go online for 10-20 minutes at a time. But honestly, I don't trust them with my computer after finding food and drink stains all over it. I did however leave them my computer one night because I was so tired and didn't feel like monitoring them while they looked up "something REALLY important." They ended up sitting on Facebook for hours while everyone else had been sleeping. Camille accidentally woke Didier up when she went to look for chocolates and their mother had a huge talk with them the next day. Not only did they abuse their trust with their mother, but they also upset me by leaving my computer on the floor, sideways with crap on top of it. They will never get to use my laptop ever again. 

I'm trying to see if I can get them a 'community' computer so that they will have to take turns using it and learn to be respectful of each other and property. Still working on it. If you have any suggestions, please send them my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment