Friday, December 28, 2012

Lundi, 24 Decembre 2012: The Great Migration

The family and I had a big lunch before they left for Marseille around 16h00. It's a tradition to go to a grand mass in Marseille every Christmas Eve. I left for centre ville soon after. Danny and Andréa were meeting for the first time today. We strolled through the Christmas market together and drank some hot wine. I made Andréa practice his English skills with Danny. He hehe

When it was time for Andréa to leave I started cracking up because I didn't know how to tell Danny politely that I needed to see him off by myself. It's so weird because as I was thinking about this, Danny chimed in and said that he had to go look for a scarf for his mom. He told me later that he was looking for an excuse to leave because he knew I'd need alone time with Andréa. LOL!!! This is why he's such a good friend of mine. He can read my mind!!!

Andréa and I settled on a little spot by the parking garage and cuddled for a bit. Somehow we got on the subject of how I don't want children. The subject seemed to be pretty important to him so I kind of recoiled a bit. It's really too early to talk about this in great detail but I guess you need to know where each person stands right off the bat. When you get to our age range and you don't just date for fun, it's important to know about each others' core values. 

I went back to Meyreuil afterward to grab the kids' gifts and some wrapping paper. Danny grabbed some wine from Monoprix while I was doing this. He spent 15 euro on TWO bottles!!! Not only did I forget to tell him where to find the food section at Monoprix where a liter of wine can be 2 euro but I also forgot to tell him that green labeled wines were preferred.

Danny and I headed to the Augustins apartment where I started wrapping all of the kids' gifts from Danny and I. He got them a ton of American candy and I got them books that I figured they'd like reading such as Vampire Diaries and Goosebumps--in french of course. Lydia and Maggie came over with some food and we ate a little bit before we watched Elf and the original How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I always forget how funny Elf is, but it's even more funny when you watch it with people who will laugh with you. I've missed these 3 a lot...It's sad that I don't come to town more often but I am just so damn exhausted after a day with the children. My favorite past-time nowadays is sleep. And after the movies were over, that's exactly what I went home to do. 


No comments:

Post a Comment