Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Mardi, 16 Octobre 2012: Coups Et Blessures

I forgot to mention last night's late occurences in my previous post...While we were in bed last night, we heard someone fiddling with the key in the door. After more than a dozen unsuccessful attempts to get in, we heard three loud bangs on the door. It scared the SHIT out of me!!! Danielle also woke up startled. We heard Armando pounding up the stairs only to be intercepted by Dylan saying "People are sleeping. Do you understand?!?" They then move their conversation down a few decibels to a whisper. Danielle and I couldn't decipher much else after that. But we stayed up to make sure everything was under control.

We woke up this morning to another cold day. Le Mistral isn't giving up on us yet. I was so tired from all of the ruckus last night that I didn't make it to my morning class. Lack of sleep plus an 8h30 class would not mix. I can't do it anyway. I probably should have just stayed up and gone to class without sleep because I would have at least made it. Though I would have been a zombie.

Danielle and I got lunch at a café before class. After she left, I had another hour or so to kill so Mark and I went to a convenience store so he could help me find an appropriate facial lotion, ha haha. My face is wind-chapped!!! 



We still had a lot of time before our Phonetics class started so we walked back to his apartment on Bar Street and hung out. His view is magnificent!!! You can see all the way to the shore! His building is much higher than the rest in Aix. 


Seeing that I was mesmerized by his extremely scary stairwell, he decided to show me a video that he captured on it the other day. It was a video of a couple arguing in the stairwell. The couple were screaming at each other until the guy punched the girl in the face and socked her extremely hard in the chest. I WAS HORRIFIED...Having gone through one physically abusive relationship, I really felt for the girl. Mark consoled me by telling me he and his roommate confronted the guy and offered the girl help. She refused any assistance from them and walked out. The guy was apparently on some sort of drug. I really hate people sometimes...

Kami, Molly, and I met up after class. They showed me the third floor of Monoprix which I had not discovered yet. We met up with the rest of CEA at Carrefour for happy hour afterward. I ordered a hot chocolate because I just wanted to enjoy a hot drink in this cold weather. Kami and I didn't stay long. She had to go grab Molly at the apartment and let me in before heading to a dinner with a french host that evening. 

While everyone was at the dinner, I called Didier. He told me that Céline would be picking me up with the rest of my luggage in front of the Deux Garçons tomorrow at 17h00. I'm so excited to start nannying!!! These kids are so well-behaved!!!

Tonight, I also met a photographer/model here in Aix named Caty! I've been invited to a photoshoot on 28 October!!! I've been submitting my portfolio which is pretty out-dated to agencies around here. But if life has taught me anything, it's taught me that knowing people is a great way to get "in." Networking is such a powerful tool/skill. It was one of the reasons why I joined AOII in college.

I've had to deal with a few obstacles this year, but things are really looking good for the next few months at least!!!

Here's a tune for you to listen to and think of me. It's my new favorite song :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF5etHMRMMM&feature=relmfu

No comments:

Post a Comment