Friday, September 28, 2012

Samedi, 22 Septembre 2012: My Departure

First of all, I was already freaking out. Second, when we began boarding, I saw that some people were being directed upstairs. I strongly dislike double decker planes. The idea of a small jet falling through the sky is scary. Imagine a plane the size of an elementary school. The last time I was on one of these I was flying to Singapore from New York. Time did not ease my worries. I was seated "bitch" between two older men so I knew that if we crashed I'd have a good chance of using one of them or both as an impact cushion. Hey! Survival of the fittest!



As soon as we started coasting the beverage service started coming around. I, of course, order a vodka cranberry. The flight attendant raised his brow but I'm sure he noticed how nervous I was because he handed me a double. 

About 4 hours into our flight we were served dinner. Our magnificent meal consisted of a garden salad with a creamy balsalmic vinaigerette, tortellini in a tomato sauce (U.S. portion size), a dinner roll, and a slice of chocolate marble cheesecake. Most of you know that I hate chocolate. I ate it anyway. Though I was on edge, the meal made me tired enough to sleep. Besides snacks and drinks, I slept the entire flight but it was the type of sleep where you're constantly uncomfortable so you aren't really rested when you wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment